Last year I did a quickie post on Colombian bunuelos but I did not do the How-2 Guide or give a recipe. I will do that now.
- 2 C white fresh farmers cheese, finely ground or crumbled with fork
- 2 C Colombian “Bunuelina” mix
- 2 eggs
- milk to moisten
- canola oil for deep frying
Mix all ingredients (except oil) in a bowl.
Heat the oil to very warm (you can stick your finger in it but not very long). Gently drop the balls into the oil and then turn up the heat. The balls will linger at the bottom of the pot until the oil heats up. They will turn themselves as they come up “for air.” Fry until light brown. Remove to a drained surface to cool.
- How-2 guide on how to make Platanos (fried plantains or tostones)
- Yucas Fritas (Fried Yucas or Cassava Root) Recipe and How 2 photos
- Empanadas – The Recipe
- Flash Flickr Movie of How to make Colombian Empanadas
- Chicharron – Deep fried pork belly – How To
- How to make Colombian Empanadas – directions
- Latest full recipe for Colombian Bunuelos (2006 post)
- Last year’s Christmas Bunuelo Decadence
- A Colombian breakfast How-2 guide
- Colombian Frescos
- Lechona preparation