January 9, 2008 in Food Photo 101
Welcome to everyone here in the new year, hope you all had great and festive holidays!
I would like to thank all of you who entered your beautiful work, excellent jobs!
I would also like to welcome the newly registered users, glad to have you all join!
A list of all the entrantsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ great photos are found at the bottom.
Curt and I looked at each of the photos with an eye to the things we covered in the first four lessons and whether the photo illustrated various aspects of those lessons. We had a hard time making these decisions because we do not want to discourage any of you all, in the least.
Over the next few weeks, we will send you each a note of constructive observations regarding your photo.
The Winning Entries
We awarded an honorable mention to YVONNE829 for the following photo:
SummerTX submitted a delicious image of white chocolate raspberry cake. This image has got some great geometrics, neat stylistic details, and definitely delicious subject matter.
Tommy Williams submitted this delicious and dynamic image full of spirals, enticing lighting, delicious subject matter and serendipity (was taken on-location in a restaurant).
We think that these and the others submitted were all fantastic.
We will be running at least one more contest in the near future so if you didnt get a chance to submit your image this time around, make sure to do so next time!
- Food Photo 101 Holiday Contest: Finalized Prizes
- FP101 Holiday Contest Prize Announcement
- Food Photo 101 Holiday Contest
- Food Photo 101-4: Curt’s Results
- Food Photo 101-4: Composition 1.0
- Food Photo 101-3: Week 3 in review
- FP101-3: Depth of Field – Curt’s Results
- FP101-3: Depth of Field
- Food Photo 101-2: Week 2 in review
- Food Photo 101-2: Photonic Inspirations
- Food Photo 101-2: Curts Results
- Food Photo 101-2: Harnessing Photons
- FP101-1: Week 1 in review
- Food Photo 101: Photography for Foodies
- Food Photo 101-1
- Food Photography 101: Lesson 1 results
- Curt’s Food Photo 101 page
- My Food Photo 101 page
- Food Photo 101 Class Forum
- Food Photo 101 Glossary
- Food Photo 101 Flickr Group
- Food Photo 101 Newsletters
To register for the newsletter that reviews each week’s topic, fill out the contact form at the bottom of this post (or on the Food Photo 101 page) and type “Food Photo 101” in the subject field.