I am going to be shooting a few scenes from around here this Thanksgiving morning. I will be adding more if I have the energy!
Our meal will consist of a relatively modest menu, we dont pull down the paycheck of even a minor mailroom clerk at Solomon Brothers or some other Wall Street boondoggle – we give thanks over a frugal meal happily. We will still be quite stuffed!
- Roasted Turkey – stuffed with a simple herbed stuffing
- mashed potatoes with gravy and butter
- steamed green beans
- steamed sweet corn
- freshly made cranberry sauce (sugary boiled cranberries, thats it!)
- homemade buns using this King Arthur recipe
- homemade pumpkin pie
- homemade blueberry/plum pie (seen above) used this awesome recipe for the pastry dough from the New York Times
- ice cold water to drink
- lots of messy kid hugs
We wish you a most thankful Thanksgiving!