I am running a giveaway today and for the next two weeks with the hopes of inspiring all you cooks out there to play around with some Pillsbury ingredients and come up with some creative recipes and enter them into the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off!
I will share some of the information on the bake-off below, some food porn of the Pillsbury Cinnabon sweet rolls we baked up this morning for breakfast and then tell you about the giveaway toward the bottom!
I think its important to take a break from being serious about food and to play sometimes. I enjoy playing with these products, especially the Pillsbury pie dough, its almost like an arts & crafts project, mixing and matching ideas to create something new and fun. We certainly do not eat sweet treats like this every day, its all about the moderation!
Calling all home cooks! Do you have a million dollar recipe idea? The 45th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest is open for entries and one simple recipe idea could help you take home the dough!
Pillsbury is looking for original recipes that taste and look delicious, are easy to prepare and that families across America will love to eat. Consumers can submit recipes in one of four recipe categories:
- The Breakfast & Brunches category includes casual brunch or weekend family breakfast ideas. For example, sweet rolls, pull-aparts, pastries, breakfast breads, egg dishes or breakfast sandwiches.
- In the Entertaining Appetizers category, entrants can submit appetizers and snacks to serve at casual gatherings with family and friends or for holiday entertaining. For example, bite size appetizers, tartlets, pinwheels, puffs, bruschetta or focaccia.
- The Dinner Made Easy category encourages home cooks to create easy-to-prepare main dishes that will delight your family. For example, pizzas, calzones, sandwiches, foldovers, casseroles, chilis, soups or savory pies.
- Quick and easy treats for anytime celebrations can be entered into the Sweet Treats category. For example, cookies, pies, tarts, brownies or bars.
Entries are being accepted online between now and April 18, 2011, at www.bakeoff.com. One hundred lucky finalists will compete for a chance at the grand prize during the contest finals, which take place March 25-27, 2012 at the Peabody Orlando Hotel in Florida. YouÂ´ll also find contest details, including eligible products, prizes and the official rules, on the web site.
The recipes will be judged for 1) taste, 2) appearance, 3) creativity and 4) consumer appeal. All entries must meet the requirements of the recipe category and appropriately use two of the eligible products in at least the quantity specified.
Sue Compton of Delanco, N.J. was named the grand prize winner of the 44th Pillsbury Bake-OffÂ® Contest in 2010 for her original Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups recipe. At the 43rd Pillsbury Bake-OffÂ® Contest in 2008, Carolyn Gurtz walked away with the million-dollar grand prize for her Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies. At the 2006 competition, the 42nd Contest, Anna Ginsberg, a stay-at-home mom who you might know from her blog, Cookie Madness, earned the $1 million prize for her Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing.
The prize for this giveaway is a Pillsbury bake-off prize pack that includes a nifty apron, a handy book of 100 recipes that have won in the Pillsbury bake-offs in past years, $5.00 of coupons for products you can use to create new recipes to enter into the 45th Pillsbury bake-off! You will also win a cute pen to write down your creative notes as you test your new recipes! (see below)
- Giveaway lasts from the time this post goes live until 3/12/2011 at 9 pm EST
- Winner will be chosen by a random number generator engine
- To enter, leave a comment on this page answering this question “What do you think goes into creating a winning recipe!”
- After the giveaway period is over, I will email the winner
Please note that I was provided with a review copy of the prize pack by Pillsbury through MyBogSpark without any requirement to blog on this topic, only if it was something I was interested in sharing with you all.
Please make sure to enter the big bake-off contest and I look forward to hearing from you!